Friday, January 13, 2023

A Smirket Tale (or is that a tail?)

After explaining the origin story of the term Smirket, Cheryl sent this:


Since I now HAVE a black cat, Caddy, I will tell her the story, and she will be Smirket today! 

She, and 2 of her siblings, were feral cats in my neighborhood.  They lived outside in all extremes of weather for about 5 years. 

Caddy
Ricky, the white one, is her original cat




Buddy and GB (Geebs for short)



Last year, one of the boys turned up here with a very bad wound in his chest.  I really thought he might die from it, but he let me help him by building a protective enclosure for him and putting in a heater and food. 

The word got out about the enclosure, heater and food, and soon, I had 3 (of the original 6) that were camped out here.  Little by little, they ventured into the house. 

Now, all 3 live indoors most of the time - sharing space with MY 2 cats.  I never WANTED 5 cats, believe me! But they are pretty independent.  On nice days, they prefer to be outside but come in every night.  All 3 of them are lap cats, believe it or not.  I always have at least 2 on my sofa right on top of me while watching TV.  They are VERY sweet.

1 comment:

June's Senior Cat Rescue - ABQ, NM

June's Senior Cat Rescue is one of the most comprehensive services I've seen. In addition to providing for unadoptable senior cats,...